Saturday, May 8, 2010

Explaining Why Purchasing From Direct Sellers is Important

Last night as I prepared for an Avon Party at my house. I lit candles and placed them in some lovely lamps I purchased from Partylite. I set out the refreshments in some beautiful serving dishes that I picked up at a Pampered Chef party. I set out a crystal cut bowl and thawed a frozen sangria that I had stored in my Tupperware.

I've spent a good sum of money with these companies and for good reason. Here's why I tell my customers that they should purchase from a direct seller instead of from another big-box retailer.

1) When you purchase something that costs a little more, you take care of it. I am consciously more careful when I light my Partylite candles and place them in their holders, being careful not to break them. I delight in finding the right foods to place on Pampered Chef servingware rather than just plopping food down on any old plate that I have lying around. The more the value, the more you care.

2) The personal service that you receive from a direct seller outweighs the convenience of picking up an item at a store. When Bob Saringer from Tastefully Simple does a party for me, he'll show us a product from their catalog. If I were to buy a similar product in the store, I would be able to bring it home faster, but Bob tells me how to prepare the product and then he'll give me several other ways to serve it -- ways that Tastefully Simple doesn't include in their product recipes.

3) You're helping a small business person. When you want an economy to grow, you support the Mom & Pop shop. All direct sellers are independent business owners - we ARE the Mom & Pop shop. While our brand name is national, we are truly small business owners. Remind your customers that every time they purchase from a small business owner, they are making a difference in the local economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment