Monday, May 3, 2010

Having a Party? Tab Your Books!

When I have an Avon party, it's important for me to be able to show my guests where in the catalog they can find the products I'm showcasing.  Considering the size of our catalogs and the small page numbers, that can be tricky for most guests.

I came up with a method of tagging my books that makes the job easy. When I first started, I used colors post it notes. That worked well, but it got expensive. Every new campaign & party meant having to purchase new post its.

Then I moved on to paper circles that I would cut out with a hand punch and then glue to each page with a glue stick. They were nicer than the PostIts because they were more rigid allowing guests to flip the to correct page easier. However, after each party, I was stuck with a book with was then stuck with colored circles, making it impossible to pass along.

I think I've found the solution. These combination PostIts & Paper Clips are call "Clip Its" and I found them at a local office supply place.  They have the rigidity of the paper, the visual appeal of the Post Its, and the flexibility of paper clips. When I'm done with them at a party, I slide off the Clip Its and I can reuse them at the next party. Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment