Monday, March 29, 2010

Brand Your Books

There's plenty of talk over the last few years about branding. Your Avon business should be no different; you should be branding your business. Yes, you're selling Avon products, but the reason people keep coming back is because of you.  I'll talk about branding your business in upcoming posts, but let's talk about one of the essential business tools: your brochure.

Most reps hand write or stick a label on their Avon brochures and end there. I put a label on the back of the book that includes the closing date, my phone number and how to order online. However, on the front of the book, I place another label with a small picture of myself (real or animated), my contact info and a tag line, "Nick The Avon Man".

I toss a lot of books and many of my customers don't initially meet me face to face. However, when they pick up my book, they immediately see who the seller is, they see what sets me apart from the other reps (The Avon Man), and they get an idea of what I look like from the picture. That brochure now no longer sells just Avon -- it sells the person who is selling Avon.

Why should your customers buy from you instead of from another Rep? Who are you? What makes your stand out? And do your customers (both current and potential customers) know that?

No comments:

Post a Comment