Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Use and Appreciate The Tools You Have

I want an iPad. I really want an iPad.

At first, I justified that I wanted an iPad because I would use it for my Avon business. I would use my iPad to create labels, send emails, and connect with my customers. From the day that the iPad came out, I could see myself toting this electronic wonder around and showing off the marvel to astonished women as we found the perfect shade of lipstick for them.

Then I did something that I rarely do: I thought about this purchase from a business standpoint. I already have a laptop and a netbook. I bought the netbook last year for this very reason. The netbook now sits in my basement where I do nothing more than run labels on it. I took it to a coffee shop a few times, but it mostly sits downstairs, waiting for a label to be run.

I don't need a new iPad. I just want one. Would it make my work easier? Perhaps. But the truth is that I have a tool that can do everything the iPad can do, and I don't need to spend $600 for a device to just print some labels and send emails.

What I need to do is to utilize the tools that I have. Make them work better. Understand their potential. Tap their full capabilities.

What tools do you have that you don't use? YourAvon.com? A laptop? Motivational recordings? Customer lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment