Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You Do NOT Need a $150 MakeUp Case

As soon as I joined Avon, I hurried out to eBay and purchased a very nice, but very expensive professional makeup case. This case was designed for professional makeup artists and I wanted to show a level of professionalism. At $150, it was an investment that I was willing to make.

Shortly after receiving it, I filled it top to bottom with samples, bottles, brochures and everything I could. Immediately I learned that it was too heavy to lift by the handles on the case and the wheels on it were too small. After trying to make it work for me for 3 months, I ditched it.

While strolling at my local Pat Catan's craft store, I found a rolling craft cart. It was nothing more than a big plastic milk cart on heavy duty wheels, with a canvas covering with multiple pockets. These posckets held 5x more than the other case that I had and it was far more durable. And at $29, it was a much better bargain.

Two of these cases are all that I need for a tradeshow. One case carries everything that I need for a party. The one in the picture is similar to the one I have. The one in the Amazon ad is the one that I have, but I paid a fraction of that amount.

Long story short: Find a tool that works - not a tool that impresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment