Friday, April 23, 2010

Getting The Camps Organized

It's "New Catalog" time; time for me to contact customers and let them know that the newest catalog is out. I was assuming that everyone knows that our catalog comes out every two weeks, but it turns out (from an informal poll) that this is news to my customers.

Why is it important for them to know when the new catalog comes out? So that they're lookin' for it -- they become hungry for good deals and to be the first to see the new product.

My problem has become that there are so many ways to contact people that I can't always do it effectively. Here's what I find myself doing:

1) Customers who I know "buy": Drop a catalog off personally, sometimes with a handwritten note. Old fashioned customer service rocks and it shows in sales.

2) Email customers: I don't have the time to deliver books to each and everyone one, so I drop an email with details that the books are available online

3) I leave books out in front of my home. For as many people take them, they're not really "customers" because I don't have their contact info.

I need to find a better way to target customers and get them all notified. I've thought about a "Call Tree": A service where I call and leave a voice mail and it goes out to everyone whose phone number I have. Not sure if it would be worth the expensive price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment