Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Power of The Small Sale

Campaign 8 was a rough campaign for me. Due to personal reasons, a busy schedule and 100 other excuses, I didn't have a single sale up until yesterday. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

"This is it. I'm finished. No one wants to buy from me. The economy is flat and I can't make any sales."

Then I got an email from Kim Duke over at The Sales Divas. She talked about when she was in the same position and a boss who encouraged her to "Sell Something Small." Like Kim, I rolled my eyes and texted a customer. "Hey, Ultra Luxury Liners are on for $1.89 this campaign. I know you got some a few months ago. Can I get you any more?"

"Yes! Order me a black and an eggplant!" my customer responded.

That was it. I was back in business. The small sale was all that I needed to get my butt back in gear. I emailed another customer, then another. This personal approach was working really well compared to the dead-end mass emails I was sending. Sales continued to mount.

Then I texted a few customers. More orders!

The power of the small sale works when you're not moving. Sell something. Anything. Just keep moving forward. You'll get back into the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment