Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Hi, Would You Like to Win Some Free Avon Products?"

I sat in on a sales conference call a few weeks ago with the delightful Deb Bixler.  Deb is the creator of "Create a Cash Flow Show" and I love her because I completely believe in her gospel of how sales parties are the way to generate cash flow for your business.

Deb was talking about working a trade show, something that caught my ear since I knew that I would be working the Women & Food Expo in just a few weeks.

She gave this great piece of advice when trying to get people to hand over their contact information. She suggested we ask, "Would you like to win some free products?" instead of the ususally heard, "Do you want to enter a drawing?"

"Would you like to win some free products?"  Sure! Who doesn't want free products? It's inviting. It's innocent. It's non-threatening.

"Do you want to enter a drawing?"  Uh, no. I'm busy. You're going to take my information and call me, aren't you?

I'll give it a shot today while I'm at the Women & Food Expo!

No comments:

Post a Comment