Thursday, April 1, 2010

What Does Your Voice Mail Say About You?

Do you use your cell phone as your Avon business phone? I do.

What do your customers hear when they call your number? I recently called one of my downline and after several rings, I was transferred to her voicemail. A baby was crying in the background. "Hey, you know who this is and you know what to do. Dig?"  I was horrified.

There was no way to tell if this woman was the party I called let alone if she sold Avon. All I could tell from her voicemail is that I didn't want to talk to her.Your voicemail should reflect your business. If you called an investment firm and you heard a baby crying, or someone saying "you know what to do," how would you react?

"Hi. This is Nick, The Avon Man. If you would like to leave me a message that includes your order, please do so along with your phone number. I'll call you back shortly. If this is a friend of mine, I'm looking forward to speaking with you soon."

What does your message say about you?

2 comments: